Thanks to everyone who tried my Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe and tagging me on Facebook with your interpretation of the dish! I’m glad you enjoyed it and because of you, it got me excited to cook more!
So last night, I decided to make my wife Yoli’s famous (famous in our household), Chicken Enchilada Casserole!
For us now with our new daughter, we have become busier and this is the perfect meal that we can make with quickness! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- (4) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or you can buy a 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
- (1) small package of corn or flour tortilla package
- (1) large package of shredded Monterey jack cheese
- (1) 28oz can of Enchilada sauce (Your choice of green or red and hot, medium, or mild)
- (1) 16 oz container of sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Shred chicken
3. Layer the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with tortilla triangles. Top with shredded chicken, Monterey jack cheese. Add a top layer of tortilla triangles.
4. Pour 28oz can of enchilada sauce all over and top with left-over Monterey jack cheese
5. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let stand about 10 minutes, or as long as you can stand it!!!
6. Top with sour cream. You’re done!